Norfolk’s new parklet program has been that catalyst for some street activity in Downtown Norfolk recently as one parklet popped up in the Arts District on Granby Street, another has been built a few blocks south on Granby Street, while one more is situated at another location downtown.
Norfolk City Council approved a new special event permit which provides an opportunity for private businesses to host public parties in a safe environment. A team of city staff and business owners developed the permit after public safety issues arose at several holiday parties last year.
For Norfolk animal shelters there are two things that remain constant: a steady volume of animals and an unsteady volume of funds.
“Living in the closet is like living in chains and shackles, and when you finally come out and make your disclosure, it’s like the chains and shackles have come off and out of the dungeon and you’re in the beautiful and bright sunlight – and you finally get to be who you are. I never understood how significant that was until I went through the transition."
- Donna Price, Hampton Roads resident and U.S. Navy veteran who recently transitioned to living fully as a woman.
Thanks to Keg Donated by O'Connor Brewing Co. and Huge Public Demand, More Than 400 More Surgeries Will Happen in October to Curb Homeless-Animal Crisis
Hatch is thrilled to announce the Inaugural State of the Startup Community Address, presented by Dominion Enterprises, an evening affair that showcases and defines the current landscape of the Greater Norfolk-Virginia Beach Startup Community.
About 3 years ago I wrote a piece for AltDaily where I presented a Google map created by local bicycle enthusiasts. It’s purpose was to provide a place for cyclists to inscribe their favorite routes through the city in order to inform others of how we were getting around. After a few months, thanks to a number of contributors, we had the beginnings of an interesting route map.
There’s news that moves us for better and worse, and there is news we can only watch passively. We watched the details documenting the spread of Ebola in West Africa. Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria are the main victims of the 2014 Ebola outbreak.
- Better Block Five Points Kick-off Meeting Friday
- Elizabeth River Crossings: A Tunnels Update
- Norfolk News Live: Scope Renovations Still In Works
- HUGE News for Park Place and 35th St.
- Registered Apprenticeship Expo Returns to SCOPE Arena
- Getting to Know the ODU Flash Flood Moonwalker
- 1st Chelsea West Fest to Benefit Hope House Foundation
- Norfolk Joins National Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness
- Ten Reasons You are Going to Love the New Slover Memorial Library
- Being the Best She Can Be as a Transgender Vet