The Hunger Games: where the colorful and lavish people of the Capital visit the humble Districts each year to pick children to destroy their lives in an effort at oppression.
Now imagine a sort of reverse Hunger Games scenario—a happy Reaping Day--where when the people of the Capital come to your District each year they children... to change their lives for the better.
Norfolk’s new parklet program has been that catalyst for some street activity in Downtown Norfolk recently as one parklet popped up in the Arts District on Granby Street, another has been built a few blocks south on Granby Street, while one more is situated at another location downtown.
Hatch is thrilled to announce the Inaugural State of the Startup Community Address, presented by Dominion Enterprises, an evening affair that showcases and defines the current landscape of the Greater Norfolk-Virginia Beach Startup Community.
Mayor Paul Fraim released the following statement following the transfer of the Waterside Festival Marketplace building to The Cordish Companies.
Norfolk City Council approved a new special event permit which provides an opportunity for private businesses to host public parties in a safe environment. A team of city staff and business owners developed the permit after public safety issues arose at several holiday parties last year.
For Norfolk animal shelters there are two things that remain constant: a steady volume of animals and an unsteady volume of funds.
“Living in the closet is like living in chains and shackles, and when you finally come out and make your disclosure, it’s like the chains and shackles have come off and out of the dungeon and you’re in the beautiful and bright sunlight – and you finally get to be who you are. I never understood how significant that was until I went through the transition."
- Donna Price, Hampton Roads resident and U.S. Navy veteran who recently transitioned to living fully as a woman.
- Video: Lost Norfolk Architecture
- PETA Offering $10 Spays for Dogs & Cats this Month, Plus Free Beer
- Rolling Toward the Future of Norfolk on Two Wheels
- "No Stone Unturned" Flashmob Rally Planned for Friday at Former Boathouse Location
- Benefits of Restored Chesapeake Bay at $130B Annually, According to CBF Report
- Norfolk's Fabulous Neighborhoods: Broad Creek
- Letter: Ebola and Compassion in the 757
- Supreme Court denies review of same-sex marriage cases – same-sex marriage now legal in Virginia
- Local History: The Wreck of the Jennie Hall
- Better Block Five Points Kick-off Meeting Friday