The story of a 17 year-old who was “non-compliant” when asked by some cops to get out of a car during a traffic stop, which subsequently turned up a bunch of pot, and who was then tazed and pepper sprayed by police, has been making the rounds in local media, and thanks to the viral nature of the Internet, has gained notice elsewhere because of cell phone video taken of the incident showing the teen in agony.
In short, this study is complete bullshit. Yes, building a dedicated bus line down the existing Norfolk Southern Right of Way will be expensive. Yes, buying new buses will be expensive. So will building real BRT stations.
You probably know you can borrow books for free with a library card from Virginia Beach Public Library. But there’s a lot more available.
At the Root of Homeless Cats Are Unwanted Litters: Event Will Reduce 'Kitten Season' Crisis for Area Shelters
- If You Read the Paper: Jim Oliver Thinks Norfolk Residents Eat Children
- If You Read the Paper: An Iffy Deal Gets Worse for Norfolk
- Responding to a Historically Racist Film, 100 Years later
- If You Read the Paper: VB Stadium is too small to attract big team
- Arts District Parking Questions, Answered
- It's a Bird, it's a Plane, it's an Osprey
- IYRTP: When Politics Collides with Incompetence
- If You Read the Paper: NPS in a Giant Hole, Big plans for Dominion Boulevard, the End of frats and more
- Talbot Hall Deal Represents Progress, and more in If You Read the Paper
- VCU Protesters Show Support for Beaten U.Va. Student