A longtime volunteer with the Portsmouth Partnership on a market that helps grow much more than fruits and veg---it grows a small business community.
The following parking garages will be made available for residents to relocate their vehicles.
The City of Norfolk and Norfolk Public Schools have opened a parking garage and school parking lots for residents in flood-prone areas to relocate their vehicles.
Norfolk City Council decided to authorize spending millions to fund poverty mitigation programs, purchase police body cameras, acquire property, build sidewalks and more on the final day of their annual retreat.
We missed you guys! We hope you missed us. Well, even if you didn't we're back with another set of delicious local news, including Virginia Wesleyan's... odd... demands in its current sexual assault case, fancy people eating fancy food in a less-than-fancy place, and of course, the Swiftybeat!
The Centers for Disease Control announced July 1 that one of Virginia’s community-based organization (CBO) was awarded new funding to deliver HIV-prevention initiatives to vulnerable populations.
The NEON District of Norfolk has been getting a bunch of attention lately. A bunch of extremely well-deserved attention. NEON is about a month away from their opportunity to introduce the dynamic and exciting community to the public, at The NEON Festival, and Hatch could not be more excited to be a part of such an invigorating movement.
In the midst of a very active Virginia Beach military base stands two lighthouses, 350 feet from each other. It is common when a lighthouse is no longer active it is torn down and replaced, but the stone lighthouse atop the dune is one of the oldest remaining lighthouses in the country.
Don’t Have a Lot of Time, But Want to Make a Difference?
Join United Way’s Virtual Stuff the Bus – donate online and sponsor a child in need
More Articles ...
- Movement on the Water: Groundbreaking for Waterside Live! Announced
- Paws and Effects: Local Pets Seeking People
- Breaking News: Sheriff Robert McCabe Announces he will Run for Norfolk Mayor
- End of an Era in VB: After 24 Years, City Manager James Spore to Retire
- Norfolk Sheriff Bob McCabe: "I'm Seriously Considering Running for Mayor"
- IYRTP: Good People Doing Good Things in Hampton Roads
- Foster Parents are Modern Day Heroes: Learn More in VB
- Dutch Dialogues: Virginia Life At Sea Level
- Unlocking the Keystone Block between Downtown and the Arts District: Open Houses on the 700 Block of Granby
- VB Development Authority Approves Next Steps for New Entertainment Complex