NORFOLK, Va. – (August 18, 2014) – The Slover Library Foundation has elected Harry Lester as president to oversee the new Slover Library slated to open in January 2015. The Slover Library Foundation is a non-profit organization formed to manage the funds raised in support of the library.
Time and time again, we’ve seen just how impactful our users can be in cities and states across the country. - Uber message to its users today.
“New Orleans is sinking, man, and I don't want to swim.” Back in 1989, The Tragically Hip, an indy rock band, released a single, “New Orleans is Sinking,” with this lyric as its chorus. It's a catchy tune and it's been used to protest building cities below sea level. Perhaps our area needs a politically charged anthem about sea level rise?
The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit today ruled Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional.
I sat down with David Sullivan, Chief Information Officer of Norfolk, at Bobby B’s Delis to talk about the Citizen Request Tracker app.
That’s right – free trees.
- New Signs Of Life With The Savoy, and more goings on in Downtown Development
- Oyster Gardeners Sought in Norfolk
- Release: Norfolk Crews Prepared for Hurricane
- Norfolk Hires Christine Morris as Chief Resilience Officer
- Norfolk’s Fabulous Neighborhoods: Spotlight on Campostella Heights
- Union Mission Building Becoming Luxury Apartments, and More from Norfolk Live
- Today: TEDxHamptonRoads Brings Relevant Progress
- PETA Offers $5k to Help Find the Idiot in Virginia Beach Shooting Birds with Blow Darts
- A Note About Uber in Virginia: You Have the Right to Ride
- Norfolk Live News: The latest goings on in Downtown Development, June 9 edition