Hatch is thrilled to announce the Inaugural State of the Startup Community Address, presented by Dominion Enterprises, an evening affair that showcases and defines the current landscape of the Greater Norfolk-Virginia Beach Startup Community.
About 3 years ago I wrote a piece for AltDaily where I presented a Google map created by local bicycle enthusiasts. It’s purpose was to provide a place for cyclists to inscribe their favorite routes through the city in order to inform others of how we were getting around. After a few months, thanks to a number of contributors, we had the beginnings of an interesting route map.
There’s news that moves us for better and worse, and there is news we can only watch passively. We watched the details documenting the spread of Ebola in West Africa. Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria are the main victims of the 2014 Ebola outbreak.
“Living in the closet is like living in chains and shackles, and when you finally come out and make your disclosure, it’s like the chains and shackles have come off and out of the dungeon and you’re in the beautiful and bright sunlight – and you finally get to be who you are. I never understood how significant that was until I went through the transition."
- Donna Price, Hampton Roads resident and U.S. Navy veteran who recently transitioned to living fully as a woman.
Thanks to Keg Donated by O'Connor Brewing Co. and Huge Public Demand, More Than 400 More Surgeries Will Happen in October to Curb Homeless-Animal Crisis
"The City of Norfolk’s wildly successful Better Block is Back!" - The City of Norfolk
It’s been almost ten months since hearing anything about the potential renovations to the Scope, but a few weeks ago it was brought up to the city’s Architectural Review Board as an agenda item.
- Norfolk Joins National Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness
- Ten Reasons You are Going to Love the New Slover Memorial Library
- Being the Best She Can Be as a Transgender Vet
- You're Invited: Develop Hampton Roads: Better Community through Code + Design
- Norfolk's Fabulous Neighborhoods: Villa Heights
- Grow Oysters; Save the Bay & the World
- Norfolk's Fabulous Neighborhoods: Spotlight on Glenwood Park
- The Boathouse location in Norfolk, VA: Then, Now... and the Future
- PETA to Department of Defense: Blowing up Animals Not Needed with New Technology
- First Friday Downtown to Be Rally to Bring Stone Brewing to Norfolk