A statement from JD of We Never Sleep that while conducting our interview on the 20th of April at first struck me as a polite attempt at humility and then upon a bit of reflection annoyed me as a local music lover.
They're jazzy! They're soulful! They're rockin', and they've even got some good clean down home twang. They are Lake Street Dive, the 4-piece Brooklyn indie pop outfit, originally from Boston who, just this year, have gone from shows at Tap House to The Ellen Show, Letterman and the Colbert Report.
Birds of a Feather were flocking at Portsmouth’s NTELOS Wireless Pavilion last night as locals’ favorite jam band Phish started their two-night run.
Ask me about high school and I will tell you about this line-up.
- Because the Universe wants you to be happy: What You Need to Know about this Year's Bayou Boogaloo
- Hot Local Video: The Hissy Fits, "Last December"
- Rad Cover of 'Til Tuesday's "Voices Carry" by Black Blinds
- Pop Punk Band Pissghetti Drops Limited Edition Signed Cassette with Video for "Surf's Up"
- Navigating the Snakes and Angels: K’bana Blaq
- Rubber Ducky Serenade
- Super Solid Line-up at nTelos this Summer: Group Love, Avett Bros., Franti, Hall & Oates, and Phish
- The Hotness: New Video, "RITUALS" by Fugitive 9
- Water Seed: Retro Electro & the Indie Soul Scene
- Vinyl Dazed and Confused