I got a new jacket this week, and like any reasonable adult the first thing I thought was “What should I use as my next backpatch?” You’ve been there before too, I know.
As parents say, “You’ll never see them again after high school, anyway.”
Audiostrobelight might beg to differ.
For those of us that pack the NorVa every time bands like Taking Back Sunday and Bayside book a show, or travel a few extra miles to experience a similar nostalgia-soaked spectacle that takes us back to our years of careless fun and angsty love, Laureate is the band you’ve been hoping for.
Virginia Opera, The Official Opera Company of the Commonwealth of Virginia, announces the 7th Annual Opera in the Park to take place at Town Point Park in Norfolk, VA on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 7:30pm.
Enter the door of the renowned NorVa on Saturday, August 29, to witness a few of the finest acts that make up Hampton Roads’ ever-so-impressive reggae scene. The lineup is stacked from top to bottom with performances by United Souls, Tomlin Hill, Destined Nation, the REEF.
I've got an ember in my throat
I'm sort of scared of falling
and I like to sing and cry
I shine my light in little notes
- Brambleberry, Bird Heart (2012)
“It’s a shame… this is a one-time only performance event that deserves to be seen” was the reaction of both the Bay Days Entertainment Committee and Mr. Robert “Bobby Blackhat” Walters, upon hearing of the cancellation of the 2015 Hampton Bay Days, and with it, the musical lineup that had been assembled for the annual three day festival.
I wondered who was going to show up Wednesday night at Chrysler Hall to see Idina Menzel perform. The 8:00 pm start time seemed late for little girls dressed up in blue Elza gowns to hear the Oscar winning song, “Let It Go.” There were a few little girls there, but they had to wait until the finale to hear that song--more about that later.
"Embrace your shadows of war." - Fallout of Fear
They sit beside you in rush hour tunnel traffic, order after you at Handsome Biscuit, and share your taste in local craft beer. By day, they brew your coffee, teach (or deliver) your children, or sell you an iPhone; by night, they join together to recreate some of the most divine music ever written.
More Articles ...
- Local Music Video: Mauci Bass' "Murder the Ego"
- Music that Heals: Upcoming Amorella Show to Benefit Combat Wounded Coalition
- Let’s Put on a Show: Hurrah Players Brings the Heaven of Detroit to NFK
- Dancing in the Streets: The Magic and Music of Motown
- The Karaoke Cult of Ghent: Singing Loud & Proud at Belmont
- The Panyard on Church Street
- Modest Mouse Floating into Norfolk
- Prose Headlines Mid-Summer Bash at The NorVa, presented by AltDaily
- The 26th Annual Bayou Bogaloo And Cajun Food Festival Marks Another Year of Success
- The Love You Make: A Review of Paul McCartney at Firefly