Buy Fresh Buy Local Hampton Roads will host 4th annual Farm to Fork local food celebration on Sunday, September 21st from 3-6pm at the Virginia Tech Agricultural Research and Extension Center.
If you haven’t heard yet, the rumors are sad but very true.
A friend on Twitter asked:
@AltDaily if you had one weekend with friends from out of town visiting NFK/VB, to which restaurants would you take them?
One breakfast. From one Hampton Roads restaurant. The rest of your life. What are you ordering, and why?
Drinks Downtown was founded on the premise to connect people around Hampton Roads who typically do not cross paths on a normal basis.
Tidewater’s no backwater, but trends can take a bit longer to show up in our corner of the Commonwealth.
Here we are, having a beer at Blue Mountain Brewery looking out at the Shenandoah Mountain range from just below Rockfish Gap along I-64 running west out of Charlottesville, Virginia. Notice the hops. A few of the half a dozen world class breweries here grow their own. Although some of the best lack the property or the desire to grow hops on their property.
The first keg I ever purchased was from Beach Brewing Co., their Hurricane Wheat Ale. It was fittingly named and pared for the occasion of being trapped in doors during Hurricane Sandy.
The Virginia Food System Council celebrates its 'Take The Pledge' campaign with a $700 Drawing for a CSA subscription: Commit to spend $10/Week on Local, Virginia-Grown food and be entered to win.
- We are Officially Hipster Utopia: Beer Delivery by Bike in Norfolk
- I Love This Place: Zeke's
- Images: Altered Suspension Lowrider Bike Club of Hampton Roads
- Live Healthy: St. Paul's Downtown Farm Market
- Letter: Hampton Roads Needs More Risky Eclectic Restaurants, Not More Southern Homie
- Behind the Brews: O'Connor Brewing Co.'s Tasting Room Manager, Mike Palfrey
- TODAY: First Food Truck Hump Days on the Chesapeake Waterways
- Starter Guide to Healthy Eating in Chesapeake
- Zeke's: Beyond the Bowls
- Southern Comfort under the Stars: Supper, the new Eric & Karl spot, with roofdeck