On Saturday, September 12, my husband and I attended the Virginia Craft Beer and Wine Festival at NTelos Wireless Pavilion in downtown Portsmouth. We are home brewers and serious craft beer lovers, and have been several times to beer and wine festivals at Town Point Park in Norfolk. Gathering tastes and badges on the app Untappd is big for us- we're always looking for new favorites.
The craft beer landscape is a lot like the wine landscape. Think of when you walk into Total Wine. You are presented with 100's of wine brands and varietals. How many times have we bought a bottle of wine, or a beer for that matter, based on the label or maybe the rating, only to bring it home and be disappointed?
Companies, celebrities, athletes and foundations launch new fruit and vegetable brand aimed at taking over America’s taste buds.
I have a confession: I have been known to spend hours (HOURS) at the farmers market. Why? Because the farmer’s market (at least our Williamsburg Farmers Market) is THE BEST place to spend a Saturday morning ever. Here’s why:
Chef Chris Hill has been a staple in the Hampton Roads food business for many years, with his frequent appearances on The Hampton Roads Show, opening the 3 Way Cafe in Norfolk and founding The Bachelor Kitchen. But he is now saying goodbye to the area as he returns home to Atlanta to explore new experiences and horizons.
The pinch isn’t whether you can plan a culinary tour of Denbigh, but whether you can work every delicious spot into your jaunt and whether the cops will treat you kindly when you're passed out in the middle of Warwick Boulevard with a belly full of food.
It’s one thing to know and happily accept that you live in a wonderful community of people who care and respond. It’s another thing, entirely, to experience first-hand just how quickly that community bands together to help a fellow in need.
Navigating the magnitude of drinking options on the Peninsula can be a daunting task.
Our friends at the Ferguson Center for the Arts want you to bring the party to the north side, so they offered to sponsor this handy dandy guide.
More Articles ...
- He Knows His Sauce: Larry Murphy of Spaghetti Eddie’s in Chesapeake
- Fill 'Em Up, Ghent: BottleBOX Bottle Shop On the Way
- 55 Craft Beer Options Coming to Granby: Brick Anchor Brew House
- How to Virginia Beer Festival the Right Way
- A Perfect Square: Floret Salsa, Alewerks White, Roasted Kale, and Fried Oysters
- Umo es muy bueno. or Why you should put the Queso on EVERYTHING
- Lettuce Feed You: The Downtown Farm Market Returns!
- One Big Hampton Roads Indian Wedding: Taste of India Returns to the Ted
- Long Live the Gourmet Cupcake! Carolina Cupcakery
- Letter: Ways for You to Be Part of the Hampton Roads Brew Scene