Saint Germain, a modern American restaurant featuring vintage cocktails in the old Havana's space, opens tonight. It's the latest restaurant to ride the wave of new residential units flowing into Downtown.
Byron Morgan has been a mover and shaker in numerous significant creative circles since he landed in Norfolk just four fast years ago. He's made his mark in the realm of music with Vinylmint, a recording studio and "online marketplace that connects audio creators globally." He's been a regular in Zack Miller's start-up world. If you've gotten an after-work beer on a Friday downtown the last few years you've probably had a drink with Bryon, as he was the instigator of the Drinks Downtown series. He's a busy guy whose absence won't go unnoticed.
This is his exit interview.
After operating under a temporary agreement for the better part of a year, ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft now have a law allowing them to transport passengers in Virginia after Gov. Terry McAuliffe signed a bill that sets licensing procedures and standards for drivers.
Blue Planet Forum to focus on economic value of a clean Chesapeake Bay.
The second in this series celebrating the local businesses we love, sponsored by Recycling Perks.
The year in Norfolk, according to Mayor Fraim.
Nobile & Amundsen bid Norfolk a fond farewell with the reception for the gallery's final exhibit, 'End Transmission'.
Norfolk Southern Corporation today announced that James A. Squires will succeed Charles W. "Wick" Moorman as chief executive officer. The action by the company's board of directors is part of its planned succession process and will be effective June 1, 2015.
We're planning the rest of our 2015 new classic film series at the Naro, and we want your feedback.
Did you know:
- The brain is the least developed organ at birth?
- The brain doubles in size by age 3?
- Children who aren’t held, talked to, and played with as babies can develop brains that are 20% to 30% smaller than normal?
On Thursday at midnight, for the first time in his life, Allen St. Pierre got legally stoned.
- 5 Brass Tacks Tips for Local Artists Who Want to do Public Art
- Friday Featured Artist: Walt Taylor
- Speed Traps Hit a Speed Bump in VA
- Local Governments, Open Your Data!
- A Small Step for Green, a Giant Leap for Epilepsy Sufferers in VA
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Oh, God, Please Let us Leave our Houses Edition
- Op-ed: The Unquestioned Life of the Privileged
- One of Rick Rubin's Young Favs, Hampton's D.R.A.M., Shoots New Video in NFK Arts District
- Norfolk Declares State of Emergency: City Parking Garages Open
- A Dark and Lovely Lebowskian Romp: "Inherent Vice" at The Naro