As stores brace for their holiday sales, travelers make their way from here to there, and familiar jingles start playing on the radio, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the feel-good, ‘it’s the most wonderful time of the year’ vibes.
A raise of hands out there: Who's dreading the holiday crowds? Keep those hands up! Here's a virtual high five to each and every one of you! You can shop LOCAL and ONLINE this year!
“Some people come in during the holidays and have all of their shopping done in one trip!” –Vicki Bahr, Co-Owner of Kitsch
With Thanksgiving here, we would like to thank everyone who reads, contributes, and supports AltDaily. A special thanks goes to all of our awesome local businesses, artists, activists, and citizens who make Hampton Roads a great place to live. Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!
Chances are, if you’re hosting a holiday feast this year, you’ll have at least one friend or family member who will be a little flustered by the feathered fowl at the center of the table. For either ethical or health reasons, many people are making the switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Coming out as Vegan/Vegetarian on Thanksgiving
- AltDaily Goes Undercover – Are there really a million bulbs in the Million Bulb Walk?
- First Person: Volunteering with Operation Christmas Child
- "Secret Keeper": The Latest from VB's Trust Fall
- Godwin's Law in Ghent: How do you Nazi the Difference?
- Gorgeous to Behold: The Death of Thomas Edison @ ODU’s Goode Theatre
- Reasons to Leave Your House: There is seriously so much going on this weekend. So. Much. Edition
- Save the Date: AltDaily Presents "Gremlins" @ The Naro
- From Behind Masks: Tartuffe @ Generic Theater
- Virginia Beach's Mad Cartoonist: Sam Clayman