At the Root of Homeless Cats Are Unwanted Litters: Event Will Reduce 'Kitten Season' Crisis for Area Shelters
Max focuses on foreign policy, along with a solution for Norfolk's school superintendent issue, and thoughts on the Main.
Thirty years ago in Africa, human rights activist Ray Barnett was struggling to find funds to help the children of Uganda during a bloody civil war.
P R O J E C T O V E R V I E W
The public art committee of the new NEON (New Energy of Norfolk) District seeks muralists for collaborative large scale public art projects. In the community-oriented spirit of the neighborhood, selected artists will be paired with a glass, projection/light, or neon artist to collaborate, building off the muralist’s design to create works that extend off the “page” (or in this case wall). The committee is interested in how the mural can be activated at night, transforming environment and landscape of the NEON District as the sun goes down.
Sometimes I like to consider myself a mini expert on Japan. I learned to speak and write Japanese in school years ago; I’ve traveled all over Japan numerous times; and most currently relevant, my brother, who has lived in Japan for 13 years, married into the coolest family of Japanese artists.
7-9pm: Meet the FBI’s “real Indiana Jones” at the Mariner’s Museum during an edge-of-your-seat presentation. For more, click here.
7:30pm: See the Joffrey Ballet at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. For more, click here.
8pm: Beginning Thursday and running through Sunday, the College of William & Mary’s Department of Theatre, Speech & Dance and the Orchesis Dance Company present An Evening of Dance. Tickets range from $7-15, and shows are 8pm Thursday through Saturday, and 2pm on Sunday. For more, click here.
8:30pm: Kick back on your couch with your favorite friend and join Skye’s Bountiful Bling Bling Birthday Bonanza Concert! Though this is really a reason NOT to leave your house (the internet is awesome), it should still be loads of fun with new songs, 90s covers, laughs, games, prizes and more. For more, click here.
- If You Read the Paper: VB Stadium is too small to attract big team
- The Secret to Great Pastries: An Interview with the Passionate Corey Murray
- Norfolk Food Truck Program Accepting Vendor Applications
- It's a Bird, it's a Plane, it's an Osprey
- IYRTP: When Politics Collides with Incompetence
- If You Read the Paper: NPS in a Giant Hole, Big plans for Dominion Boulevard, the End of frats and more
- Theater Review: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at Little Theatre of Norfolk
- Talbot Hall Deal Represents Progress, and more in If You Read the Paper
- Nauticus Leads Way in Waterfront Revitalization
- Friday Featured Artist: Joey Di Nardo, Open Source Music Composer