I wondered who was going to show up Wednesday night at Chrysler Hall to see Idina Menzel perform. The 8:00 pm start time seemed late for little girls dressed up in blue Elza gowns to hear the Oscar winning song, “Let It Go.” There were a few little girls there, but they had to wait until the finale to hear that song--more about that later.
Sorry kids, it’s just me this week. Laura Watkins is off on a supersecret assignment and you wouldn’t believe it if I told you anyway (#hashtagehints #ChineseStockMarket #Lemurs #MalaysianAirlines #GraciousLivingRetirmentCommunity, I’ve already said too much). This week, I’m talking about ODU, Donald Trump, Katrina after ten years, and the National Parks.
This week, I want to first share a story that likely flew under most people’s radar, then tie it in with a larger problem that the Pilot has reported extensively about. Let’s peel back another layer of this particularly stinky onion.
6-9pm: Say goodbye to summer in style at Cure Coffeehouse and Brasserie during the Bold Rock pint night and Folk Jam. You’ll get to drink some cider and enjoy some tunes.
6-10pm: Grab a blanket or chair and enjoy Hey! Hey! Hooligan at Thursdays by the Lake at the Mariners’ Museum & Park.
6-8pm: Need to prep for the upcoming Fall parties? Take a Centerpiece Class at The Bonbonnier.
The cobblestone streets will draw you in; the neighborhood itself will enchant you, and the businesses will keep you coming back for more.
"Embrace your shadows of war." - Fallout of Fear
More Articles ...
- This Weekend at Naro Expanded Cinema: KURT COBAIN: MONTAGE OF HECK
- Reasons to Leave Your House: If Indiana Jones Wrote the Reasons Edition
- An Indelible Impact on Artists: Tseng Kwong Chi Performs for the Camera
- Indiana Jones is Going to Hell: Why I Love Temple of Doom
- Three Hot Rocks & a Heart Transplant: The Belcher Preview of Temple of Doom
- Confessions of an Art Fair Addict: Seawall Art Show 2015, Portsmouth
- Public Art Project to Help Commemorate VP's 150th Anniversary: Vote for the Winner!
- IYRTP: Cordish Pulls the Ol’ Switcheroo at Waterside
- CALL To ARTISTS: The NEONing of the Arts District
- World-Acclaimed Muralist HENSE Coming to the NEON District