You know how in school you’d get assigned some project and think “Oh man, I’m gonna go home and plan and work on this a little bit every weekend and just totally crush this thing,” then inevitably the night before it was due you realized you hadn’t done any of that shit, so you have to cram all of your awesome ideas into the eight hours before Ms. Stephens’s class starts, and half of them don’t work out, and the rest are rushed and look kind of like garbage and “Oh God, I just hope I get a C on this?”
Hannah "Who Dat" Serrano with the weekend events!
SICMaN delivers a psychedelic delight for the first video from Mourning Sicness.
"If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it." - Wonka
On August 11 of this year a bucket of wiping cloth sanitizer registered above required concentration was found at my neighborhood coffee shop. In order to obtain this information I didn't have to sort through piles of Department of Health files---there is, indeed, an app for that, and it was created by local programmers for good, Code for Hampton Roads.
With local artists like The Last Bison and Kishi Bashi going national the last few years, The Hunts have been flying under the radar by comparison.
Frood exists. They really do. A band that not only refutes today’s standard of constantly drowning the bar for the lowest common denominator, but takes that bar and breaks it into two to make a nice pair of drumsticks.
The Boathouse in Norfolk, VA… a place that melted your face with live music, drenched your shirt in beer and where you could count on running into 10 of your friends on any given night.
As part of the United Way of South Hampton Roads' Day of Caring event, we seek artists to paint murals of student dreams on the walls of PB Young Elementary School on the edge of Downtown Norfolk.
10:47 on a Saturday night, I am awake, exhausted and yet rather engrossed in perusing the internet’s offerings of skintight, exotically patterned gym tights. Earlier this evening I refused an outing of dancing until the wee hours with some lovely girlfriends, in favor of staying in with my dog because, let’s face it, 10:47 is about 47 minutes past my late night bedtime.
Buy Fresh Buy Local Hampton Roads will host 4th annual Farm to Fork local food celebration on Sunday, September 21st from 3-6pm at the Virginia Tech Agricultural Research and Extension Center.
- PETA to Department of Defense: Blowing up Animals Not Needed with New Technology
- Review: Threshold NFK Offers Acceptance Through Art
- Local Music Video: Pain In The Yeahs' "Hesitation"
- Rerouting: What's the Quickest Route to Getting Some?
- First Friday Downtown to Be Rally to Bring Stone Brewing to Norfolk
- Dear Gracie Brown: You Are Not an Option
- Reasons to Leave Your House this Weekend: Hampton Roads Pride Edition
- Call for Artists: Murals of Musicians in Portsmouth
- Gwar to Make First NFK Stop Since the Passing of Dave Brockie
- If You Read the Paper | August 20th in the Year We Were Reminded of How Widespread Racism Still Is