Norfolk City Council approved a new special event permit which provides an opportunity for private businesses to host public parties in a safe environment. A team of city staff and business owners developed the permit after public safety issues arose at several holiday parties last year.
Grab a pen and mark your (2016) calendars – MOCA’s getting a killer exhibition celebrating 10 years of Hi-Fructose Magazine.
I first found out about the NSCC when I went on a twilight tour of Elmwood Cemetery. I was fascinated and drawn in by the amazing amount of things that can be learned there, and by how beautiful it is. I was disappointed by the fact that there are folks who would want to vandalize our old treasures that cannot be replaced.
Norfolk’s new parklet program has been that catalyst for some street activity in Downtown Norfolk recently as one parklet popped up in the Arts District on Granby Street, another has been built a few blocks south on Granby Street, while one more is situated at another location downtown.
- Letter from a Bad Newz Girl: 5 Reasons to Love Newport News
- Dear Chefs, (This is For You) (and the people in your life)
- Missionaries of Satire: The Book of Mormon
- On Being a Real Man: Public School Teacher and Musician Will Huberdeau
- Ghosts Like Mist: Virginia Beach's Haunted Coast Guard Station
- Cirque Returns to Hampton Roads with “Varekai”
- Bach and Beyoncé: The Futile Distinction Between High & Low Art
- Virginia Beach Third Most Conservative City in America, according to MIT/UCLA Study
- Reasons to Leave Your House this Weekend: Exorcist Edition
- What Norfolk Wants from Richmond