This week, instead of the usual, I want to focus on some stories about good people doing good things, and since the Pilot has taken the time to share these nice stories about people in our community, I’d like to make sure you get a chance to read them, too.
The pinch isn’t whether you can plan a culinary tour of Denbigh, but whether you can work every delicious spot into your jaunt and whether the cops will treat you kindly when you're passed out in the middle of Warwick Boulevard with a belly full of food.
Resource Parenting Information Sessions Scheduled in Virginia Beach
Norfolk’s Vibrant Spaces competition is bringing great ideas out of the woodwork.
5-7pm: Start your long weekend off right with the wild creatives of NFK at the NEON District Happy Hour at Work | Releasee. It's also a 50/50 raffle fundraiser for The Joy Fund, so help a good cause and maybe leave with a pocketful of cash.
6-9pm: Enjoy the Bonfire on the River Summer Concert Series with the fam.
6pm: Batter-up, Batman! It is Superhero Night at Harbor Park with Tidewater Comicon. Enjoy baseball, free comic books, and cosplayers.
6-10pm: Slapnation will be at Thursdays by the Lake at the Mariners’ Museum & Park.
All throughout my life I have been told that growing up isn't easy. I've tried as much as I can to prepare myself for what it's going to feel like to enter the real world – but now that it's at my doorstep, I feel just as lost as I was after high school.
Don't forget to read rule #2
IYRTP - Welcome to 1984
No, I’m not talking about the album, but if the forces of political correctness and the supporters of the right to not ever be offended have their way, the Van Halen album may replace 2+2=5 as the the first thing that comes to mind when that fateful year is mentioned. Let us now take a walk into the Ministry of Truth where the media and historical revisionists are hard at work deleting this country’s history under the guise of removing any evidence of traumatic experiences and historical context from the public consciousness.
More Articles ...
- IYRTP: Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wives, They Eatin Everybody Up In Here
- Dutch Dialogues: Virginia Life At Sea Level
- The 26th Annual Bayou Bogaloo And Cajun Food Festival Marks Another Year of Success
- No Child Left Inside: A Summertime Guide to Getting Your Child Outdoors in Hampton Roads
- IYRTP: Finding Peace with Confederate Symbolism
- Bite Me: An Open Letter from The Pushers' Bradford McMurran to Mr. Bull-Shark
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Take PRIDE and Party On, Wayne Edition
- Dicing it up with Locally-Based Writer for The Onion Will Harris
- The Love You Make: A Review of Paul McCartney at Firefly
- Hampton Jazz Festival Kicks Off Its 48th Year