You're so vain. I bet you think this crush is about you, don't you don't you!!
Over 100 bands. 10 indoor venues and a handful of outside stages. It's Artistree Festival, and it's happening in Norfolk this weekend. We spoke to the event's organizer, Rob Devinney, about how the project has evolved, the acts he's most excited to see, and where it all goes from here.
The sound firing off the stage is a mesmerizing layered ambient noise, droning, dancey with discobeat punctuation; Brett’s guitar sidewinding in an eerie, keening wail, shot through with longing, the voice of his strings a crisis on a precipice.
I admit it. I went to my scheduled appointment with the president of Smartmouth with preconceived notions. I was going to do a follow up story on the brewery in advance of their 2nd anniversary, and was meeting with Porter Hardy, IV, whose name, when combined with the knowledge that he came to craft brewing via lawyering, made me want to wear a tophat and monocle.
"The question is no longer just how we can stop or slow climate change—it's how we can live with it."
There’s a lot for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Virginians to be celebrating this year. As Virginians raise a glass to gaining the freedom to marry, and come together to create more positive change, it’s important to remember and honor the extraordinary people who work hard every day to make Virginia a place that is welcoming and inclusive.
This month the City of Suffolk celebrated its 37th annual Peanut Festival, which "honors the city’s agriculture heritage and devotion to peanuts, our favorite legumes."
PRETTY LIGHTS AND BASSNECTAR ANNOUNCE DEC. 27 AND 28 FOR 3rd ANNUAL HAMPTON COLISEUM SHOWS
On November 4, Norfolk voters will decide whether or not our city's school board will be elected. Do you know all of the potential pros and cons of elected and appointed school boards?
Robert Sarvis brought his Senate campaign to Norfolk last Wednesday—which is to say he brought himself.
During any given Broadway season you can expect to find five to twelve graduates of the Hurrah Players program on stage under the brightest lights.
- The Façade Between Ourselves and the World: "Cloaked"
- Scumdog Fantasy: Gwar @ The NorVa
- 10 Questions with: Nouvelle Restaurant
- Reasons to Leave Your House this Weekend: Fall Festivals Edition
- Announcing: Inaugural State of the Startup Community Address
- Call to Arms: Join the revolution. Design a better Norfolk.
- Five Reasons You Don’t Want to Miss Comicon This Weekend
- Welcome Home: Green Flash Swoops into Town
- Too good to sit empty: the old Boathouse site next to Harbor Park where Stone almost went but didn't
- Norfolk Live Blog: New Rooftop Restaurant on its Way Downtown?