Virginia Opera, The Official Opera Company of the Commonwealth of Virginia, announces the 7th Annual Opera in the Park to take place at Town Point Park in Norfolk, VA on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 7:30pm.
Thursday through Sunday: Fill your need for a little dark humor at “Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play” by Anne Washburn at the Generic Theater.
6-8:30pm: hear Jesse Chong in Portsmouth during Sunset Thursday at Portside.
6-9pm: Enjoy music by Gabe Niles, a beer tasting from O’Connor Brewing Company, light hors d’oeuvres, and happy hour specials at Work Release during the Hamilton Perkins 2015 Presentation.
The weather is changing out there. Summer is starting to ease back a bit and the cool fall air is beginning to creep its way into our lives. This change also means that tailgating season is about to start, and with it, football!!
Chelsea West Fest to Feature the Best of Everything Local: Music, crafts, food, beer and fun for the family on October 3.
So, you have 48-hours to check out the great city of Norfolk. The city has been around since 1682, so how do you choose what to do? There is so much to offer a family in the Mermaid City, but here's my list of attractions, restaurants, and special spots that aren't to be missed. I love it here; after these two days, anyone visiting would too.
More Articles ...
- "The New Portsmouth": A Hopeful Welcome to New City Manager Lydia Pettis Patton, & More Good News from Around #HRVA
- Getting to Know the Hampton Roads Reggae Scene
- Review of Idina Menzel – Chrysler Hall August 26, 2015
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Celebrating the Magic of Craft Beer Month Before it’s Gone Edition
- Local Artists: Would You Like to See Your Art on a Billboard?
- Local Review: of Montreal at Work | Release
- IYRTP: ODU Makes National Headlines, But Not the Good Kind
- Freemason: Downtown Norfolk’s Little Slice of Heaven
- Op-ed: Dominion, Thy Name is Power
- Firkins and the Fixx in Downtown Hampton